- Hindi News
- happy life
- Amazing Research Of Scientists 3 Seconds Of Exercise Daily Can Make Your Muscles Strong; Learn How
Most of the people work out for hours at home or by going to the gym to keep their body healthy. We have to take time out of our busy schedule just to exercise. What if we were fit in just 3 seconds instead of a few hours? According to a new research, this is completely possible.
How did the research happen?
The people involved in the study did exercises related to muscle contraction.
- The study was jointly conducted by Edith Cowan University in Australia and Niigata University of Health and Welfare (NUHW) in Japan.
- 52 university students were included in the research. They were divided into 2 groups. In the first group, 39 people were placed who exercised. In the second group, 13 people were placed who did not do any exercise.
- The first group did exercises related to muscle contraction at full strength for 3 seconds daily for 5 days a week. This process continued for the next 4 weeks.
- The students performed isometric, concentric or eccentric bicep curl workouts for 3 seconds every day.
(An isometric contraction occurs when the muscle is stationary and there is a load on it. When the muscle is shortened it is called concentric contraction. When the muscle is stretched it is called eccentric contraction.
What do the research results say?
Eccentric exercise increased people’s muscle strength by more than 10%.
- During the research, the muscle strength of all the students was measured.
- In the first group, those who did eccentric exercises increased their muscle strength by more than 10% after 4 weeks. However, gains in muscle strength decreased for those doing concentric and isometric exercises.
- People in the other group, who did nothing for 4 weeks, saw no change in their muscle strength.
60 seconds a month is enough for muscle strength
According to the researcher, instead of focusing on time, we should focus on good quality exercise.
- According to lead researcher Professor Ken Nosaka, this study is proof that people do not need to spend much time to increase the strength of their muscles.
- He says that muscles can be made strong only by exercising 60 seconds in a month.
- This research has been done only on the muscles of the hand, but Nosaka says that this exercise may have the same effect on every muscle of the body. If this happens, then within 30 seconds you can exercise the whole body.
- According to Nosaka, instead of focusing on time, we should focus on good quality exercise.
There is more news…