Today we will talk about a new feature of Google’s Gmail, how you will be able to send secret mail. Here is a simple guide that will help you start the privacy mode in Gmail on your PC and Gmail’s Android and iOS apps.
New Delhi, Tech Desk. Google uses TLS encryption to protect the contents of an email during transit. This encryption prevents hackers from prying into the conversations of users while passing the message from sender to receiver. However, sometimes having encryption is not enough to prevent confidential details from leaking in an email. There is always a risk that the receiver of an email containing the privacy details may mistakenly forward that mail to such a person. So, for times like these, Gmail has a feature called Confidentiality Mode which aims to prevent such leaks.
With Confidential Mode, Gmail users can set an expiration date for messages or revoke access at any time. Receivers of this privacy message cannot forward, copy, print or download messages or attachments in emails sent with Confidential Mode. However, they can capture a screenshot of a photo or attachment in an email. If you are looking for a way to send email with Confidential Mode, you can follow these steps.
How to Send Emails with Confidential Mode in Gmail on Your PC
- First of all open Gmail on your web browser.
- Then click on the Compose button.
- Then at the bottom right of the window, click on Turn on Confidential Mode.
- After that set an expiry date and passcode.
- If you select No SMS Passcode, receivers using the Gmail app will be able to open it directly. Receivers who do not use Gmail will be emailed a passcode. However, if you select “SMS Passcode”, receivers will receive the passcode by text message. All you have to do is make sure that you have entered the receiver’s phone number.
- After that click on Save.
How to Send Emails in Confidential Mode in Gmail’s Android App
- First of all open the Gmail app on your Android smartphone.
- Then tap on the Compose button.
- Then tap More in the top right corner of the app, and then tap Confidential Mode.
- Step 4: After that set an expiry date and passcode.
- After that tap on Done.
How to Send Emails in Confidential Mode in Gmail’s iOS App
- First open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- After that tap on Compose option.
- Then tap More in the top right corner of the app and then tap Confidential Mode.
- Then set the expiry date and passcode and set other controls and then tap on Done.
Edited By: Ankita Pandey