Rajvardhan Hangargekar age fudging allegation: Maharashtra State Sports Commissioner Omprakash Bakoria has written to the Cricket Board of India (BCCI) seeking strict action against Rajvardhan Hangargekar, a member of India’s Under-19 World Cup winning team, for age fraud. In a letter dated 8 February, Bakoria wrote to BCCI secretary Jay Shah that the pacer changed his age from January 10, 2001 to November 10, 2002, and that he was over-qualified while playing in the recently concluded Under-19 World Cup. .
Bakoria wrote, “Rajvardhan Hangargekar’s conduct was against sports integrity and ethics. Due to this there was no fair play and the prestige of the country was damaged. Therefore you are requested to take strict action as per law.
This letter has also been sent to Riyaz Bagban, Secretary, Maharashtra Cricket Association. Bakoria further wrote, “The investigation and its report have revealed that Rajvardhan Hangargekar did his studies from Terna Public School in Osmanabad. It is run under the School Code of Maharashtra Government.
He wrote, “The date of birth of Rajvardhan Hangargekar was given as January 10, 2001, at the time of admission to class I in Terna Public School, Osmanabad. According to school records, Rajvardhan Hangargekar’s date of birth was 10 January 2001 till class VII.
The commissioner alleged that the school made unauthorized changes in Hangargekar’s date of birth. He said, “According to the General Register of Terna Public School, Osmanabad, his date of birth was January 10, 2001. It seems that the headmaster made unauthorized changes and his date of birth was written as November 10, 2002 at the time of fresh application in class VIII.
Bakoria wrote, “If the headmaster needed to change the date of birth, he should have taken necessary approval from the education officer of the district concerned. However, no such approval was taken while changing the date of birth of Rajvardhan Hangargekar. ,
Last week, Hangargekar was bought by Chennai Super Kings for Rs 1.5 crore in the IPL auction.
Earlier, Manjot Kalra, who scored a match-winning century in the final of the 2018 Under-19 World Cup, was also banned from playing for Delhi for two years due to age fraud. In September 2011, Maharashtra’s Ankit Bawane was also dropped from the India Under-19 team after his date of birth on the passport did not match with his birth certificate and BCCI records.
Also read: IND vs WI 2nd T20: Captain Rohit, happy with Virat’s innings, said this big thing in praise